Nothing says Holiday season and breakfast fuel for the Revolution in Beirut better than budget friendly Cinnamon Crêpes!
This recipe is definitely a family favorite. Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
🍁 Ingredients (7 – 10 Crêpes) 🍁
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
⚠️ Gluten free people I see you! ⚠️
According to Google, that would translate to 4.5 cups of Oat flour (1:1.5). Celiac or not, I would encourage anyone to use homemade Oat flour for the extra moist texture, Protein, and Fiber!
- 3 Flax Eggs
- A minimum of 2.5 cups of Plant milk
I always add more depending on the consistency desired
- Lots of cinnamon! (to taste)
- Vanilla Extract (not a must)
- Agave Syrup/Maple Syrup (to taste)
which one you use depends on your ethical preferences
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
🌱 Preparation 🌱
- Prepare the Flax Eggs:
One egg is 1 tbsp of grounded flax seeds (you can grind them at home) mixed with 3 tbsp of hot water. Let the eggs sit for 5-10 min.
- Sift the flour into a bowl
- Add as much cinnamon as you like, and mix well
- Shape the mixture into a reverse volcano in your bowl 🌋 (my favorite part)
- Add the flax eggs into the tip of your volcano, and gradually whisk the dry mixture into it
- Once the paste is too solid to whisk, start gradually pouring the milk
- Once homogeneous, add a drop or two of vanilla extract, the syrup of your choice (to taste), and the Olive Oil
👩🍳The Cooking step 👩🍳
This one really depends on how you like your Crêpes, just make sure to glisten your pan with some olive oil to ensure a stick-free experience, and remember, there’s no such thing as a good first pancake!
🤓 Student Scheduling 🤓
Unfortunately, this is a recipe that doesn’t “cook” itself. You will need to sit by the pan and do your thing. Since it might take too much time, you can do one of two things:
- Prepare enough Crêpes for 4 mornings, and enjoy this activity while watching Netflix
- Use the amount of time it takes each Crêpe/side as an alternative tool to memorise/revise.
🌻 Vegan Boosts 🌻
For an extra Zinc and Omega-3 boost, I use a mix of grounded flax, pumpkin, sunflower, and hemp seeds for my eggs. I use this mix in my salads, bowls, and smoothies as well!
The one I use is from Holland and Barrett for £5.49/425 g.
🇱🇧 Lebanese Shoppers 🇱🇧
You shouldn’t have any trouble finding the ingredients for this one. All supermarkets sell the seeds you might need.
🧘🏻♀️ Fitness and the P-word🧘🏻♀️
When in touch with my inner yogi, I replace 1 tbsp of flour with 1 tbsp of Vegan Protein Powder
💸 Going Green all the way to the Wallet? 💸
The vanilla extract is not a must. They will still brighten up your Sunday without it.
You can also replace Olive Oil with Sunflower Oil, which is usually cheaper.
I enjoy mine with Maple Syrup, Alpro Soy Yoghurt and Red Berries, but if you’re on a tighter budget, making some cinnamon apple chunks/paste works really well too!
🐄🐔No animal was hurt preparing this dish, وكل ثورة وانتو بخير ✊