This recipe is inspired by one I found on my Instagram feed by “megunproccessed” (posted on November 6, 2018). I followed some of the basics of her recipe, but added my own Lebanese twist to it.
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
🍁 Ingredients (for 10 wraps)🍁
This is a tricky one; it’s one of those recipes for which the ingredient quantities really depend on your taste. I am therefore listing the ingredients with tentative ratios/quantities that I personally prefer. The quantity listed in the title is based on the amount of Chickpeas I’m using below:
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- 3 medium Tomatoes
- For each cup of diced tomatoes, half a cup of diced Red pepper
- 3 tbsps of thinly chopped Parsley
- 10 Tortilla Wraps (brown or white)
Optional: 1/4 of a cup of pomegranate seeds
I use my Tahini Maple Dressing for this one. Add to it some Garlic Powder, and Sweet Black Pepper.
🌱 Preparation 🌱
- Preheat oven to 175C/347F.
- Cook the chickpeas in their water:
Bring to boil, until they’re soft enough. I always do this with chickpeas in a can; they’re already cooked, but you want them extra soft here.
- Give your chickpeas a light mash: you don’t want them to become a puree!
- Dice Tomatoes, Red Pepper
- Shred some Parsley
- Prepare the Tahini Maple Dressing
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix well with the dressing.
- Fill the tortilla wraps with your mix, and place them in a pan in the oven for 10-15min.
👩🍳How to Serve 👩🍳
These can be served hot or cold. I like mine really warm.
You can add some Tahini Maple sauce on top, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, or even add some pomegranate molasses for a bit of a tangy feel!
🤓 Student Scheduling 🤓
This meal is perfect for a post-library dinner. It barely requires any preparation!
A tip would be to squeeze lemon juice (for the dressing) whenever you can, and keep a cup of it in the fridge; that would save time dish washing-wise as well. You will lose some of the vitamins though, so choose your battle!
🇱🇧Lebanese Shoppers 🇱🇧
Shouldn’t have any trouble!
🧘🏻♀️ Fitness and the P-word🧘🏻♀️
Only advice here would be to swap white tortilla wraps for whole, brown ones.
💸 Going Green all the way to the Wallet? 💸
Super budget friendly one here!
🐄🐔No animal was hurt preparing this dish, وكل ثورة وانتو بخير ✊