A quick, fresh, and flavorful addition to your day!
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
🍁 Ingredients (2 servings) 🍁
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 cups of water
- around 40 g/1.41 oz of a rocket mix
- 2 medium lemons
- 1 cup/110g cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium Avocado
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Butter
*** Add half a cup of unseeded black olives for a sweet/tangy combination! ****
Dressing: I use my own Lemon Garlic ! Just add 1 to 2 tsps of dried mint to it!
🌱 Preparation and Cooking step 👩🍳
Read instructions on the packet of Orzo Pasta you get. Recipes differ. But this should be a safe way to go in case there aren’t any instructions:
- Place large pan on low heat and add vegetable butter.
- Allow the butter to soften, and add the pasta.
- Turn fire to medium heat stir pasta in melted butter until they start darkening in color.
- Add the water
- Once the water boils, reduce to low heat, cover and let simmer until all the water is absorbed.
👩🍳How to Serve 👩🍳
Make sure your veggies are washed. Once the orzo cools, add green mixture and mix, top with avocados and cherry tomatoes. Add dressing, mix and serve!
🤓 Student Scheduling 🤓
This recipe barely takes 10-15 min to prepare! Perfect choice for a quick lunch!
🧘🏻♀️ Fitness and the P-word🧘🏻♀️
You can roast some nuts and add on top, or add chickpeas/seeds to this!
🐄🐔No animal was hurt preparing this dish, وكل ثورة وانتو بخير ✊