This creamy lemon tagliatelle is a winner for after school/work dinners! It only takes around 20 minutes to prepare, and is absolutely delicious!
To come up with this one, I was inspired by several other vegan recipes online. I excluded any hard-to-get ingredients, added my little touch, and created my own recipe.
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
🍁 Ingredients (2-3 servings) 🍁
- 225 g./7.9 oz. Tagliatelle pasta of your choice
- 100 g of raw asparagus (washed)
- 1 medium lemon
- 3 tbsps. flour
- 2 cups of soy milk
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsps. vegetable butter
- 1 tsp. garlic powder or more if you like it
- Salt, Pepper or Ground spice, Nutmeg to taste
🌱 Preparation 🌱
Pasta and Asparagus
- Preheat oven to 204C/400F
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water until tender.
- Slice the lemon in two, cut one half into several slices.
- On parchment paper, glaze the asparagus with the oil, and place the lemon slices between them. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper, and place in heated oven for 10 min.
- While the asparagus and pasta cook, prepare the white sauce.
- As soon as pasta is tender enough, strain directly and take away from heat.
- Melt vegetable butter in a pan on medium heat.
- Add the garlic powder and mix well.
- Turn to high heat and add flour, mix well.
- Once flour well combined with butter and hot, add milk 1/2 cup at a time, whisk really well.
- Reduce to low heat
- Keep whisking until you get the consistency desired
- Add the other half lemon’s juice to the mix. Add a pinch of pepper/grounded spice, and nutmeg. Add Salt to taste.
- Chop as much of the cooked asparagus as you like, and keep the rest for decorating
- Add the chopped asparagus to the white sauce, mix
If serving directly:
Combine sauce with tagliatelle, mix, and serve. Sprinkle plate with spices
For storing/meal prepping:
Do not combine sauce and tagliatelle; keep them separate and heat them separately if possible before serving.
🤓 Student Scheduling 🤓
As already mentioned, I love how quick and delicious this recipe is. The pasta and asparagus take a total of 20 min together, and the sauce barely takes 6-7min! If you follow my instructions, you will be done in 20 min. time!
Although I’m not a fan of storing this recipe, you can still try it! The sauce might not have the consistency desired though when “Re-heating”
🌻 Vegan Boosts 🌻
Why not sprinkle this one with some Nutritional Yeast for extra Cheesy flavor?
🇱🇧Lebanese Shoppers 🇱🇧
You shouldn’t have any trouble finding the ingredients for this one. All supermarkets sell all ingredients you need.
🧘🏻♀️ Fitness and the P-word🧘🏻♀️
When in touch with my inner yogi, I add canned lentils to this! Make sure to add them to the sauce first!
💸 Going Green all the way to the Wallet? 💸
You can replace the tagliatelle with regular pasta, and use peas instead of asparagus if that’s cheaper for you!
🐄🐔No animal was hurt preparing this dish, وكل ثورة وانتو بخير ✊