Day two of quarantine, and I need a smart way to use the oat milk I found, and leave some room in my tiny fridge, while keeping something fulfilling, light, and fluffy in my freezer.
This was the result;
Meet my Oat Bran Pancakes!
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
🍁 Ingredients (20-25 Pancakes) 🍁
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Oat Bran
- 3.25 cups Plant Milk
- 3 tbps Baking Powder
- 3 tbsps Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsps Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- 3 tsps vanilla extract
- Sweetener to taste (I used 6 tbsps of sugar since I wasn’t going to add anything sweet to it later like syrup)
- Combine wet ingredients in a bowl and let rest for 7-10 min.
- In a mixing bowl, sift flower, then add all dry ingredients and whisk them together.
- Heat up your pan with some oil.
- Make an upside-down volcano in the dry ingredient’s mixing bowl, add wet ingredients, and mix well until homogeneous.
👩🍳The Cooking step 👩🍳
You want to fill in around a quarter of your ladle, and let the mixture fall in the middle of the pan. Once all holes are completely open on the surface of your pancake, you can flip it. Taste that first one and see if you need to add any sweetener/salt.
Serve with berries, caramelized apples, dry coconut, nuts, maple syrup etc.
🌻 Vegan Boosts 🌻
Explore the option of making a vegan egg with seeds, instead of using the ACV/Milk mix. I still haven’t tried this for pancakes, only for crepes.
🇱🇧 Lebanese Shoppers 🇱🇧
You shouldn’t have any trouble finding the ingredients for this one. All supermarkets sell what need.
🧘🏻♀️ Fitness and the P-word🧘🏻♀️
When in touch with my inner yogi, I replace 1 tbsp of flour with 1 tbsp of Vegan Protein Powder (or more).
💸 Going Green all the way to the Wallet? 💸
The vanilla extract is not a must. You can also replace Olive Oil with Sunflower Oil, which is usually cheaper.
I enjoy mine with desiccated coconut and Red Berries, but if you’re on a tighter budget, making some cinnamon apple chunks/paste works really well too!