This bowl is perfect to wake up, freshen up, and power up properly with summer heat right around the corner.
My favorite part is that it takes around 10 min to prepare AND will boost your body with lots of essential nutriments and vitamins in one go!
You can have this with milk, or with the Berry smoothie.
For more information on why I choose to have this almost every morning, check the nutrition facts at the bottom of this page!
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it in the comments below!
Ingredients (1 bowl):
- 1 tbsp of peeled and sliced almonds
- 1 to 2 tbsps of Oat flakes/Rolled Oats – depending on how you like your muesli
- 1 to 2 tbsps raw almonds cut in half
- 1.5 tbsps crushed walnuts – no need to grind, just crush in your hand to get smaller pieces
- 1 heaped tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsps Oat flakes
- 1/2 tbsp Flax Seeds
- Around 8 to 10 medium and frozen blueberries
- 4 frozen strawberries.
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of plant milk. Check instructions.
- 3-4 regular Ice cubes (optional)
Tip: if you don’t have time to freeze the fruits, you can place them as is, but you will need to add more ice.
- Place the ingredients in a pan
- Roast on medium to high heat, stirring every once in a while.
Roasting time depends on what you like; I like them close to burnt, but you might want to stop roasting as soon as they start browning. Taste a peeled almond, and see if this is how you like it. On High, I keep them around 3 min. On medium, they can take up to 5min.
- Grind the oats with the flax seeds very very well. Try and do this in a food processor rather than the smoothie maker.
- Add oat and flax seed mix, fruits, milk, and ice to smoothie maker. Start with half a cup of milk.
- If the fruits/ice aren’t blending well enough, you might need to add some more milk.
Top your smoothie with the roasted muesli. Sprinkle Coconut powder and dark chocolate shreds! The chocolate will melt on top of the nuts and it will just taste heavenly.
Serve and eat immediately, otherwise the ice will melt and it won’t hold the nuts anymore.
🤓 Student Scheduling 🤓
Prepare a jar of the Muesli ahead; all you’ll need to do every morning is roast the mix for 5 min on high heat, then top with chocolate and desiccated coconut.
🌻 Vegan Boosts 🌻
I like to use Oat milk here to maximize the nutrition from oats, and get even more protein and iron. This is perfect before a workout.
For a lighter mix, go for Soy milk.
🇱🇧 Lebanese Shoppers 🇱🇧
Berries aren’t very cheap at the moment.
You can make your porridge without blueberries; get creative! If you like bananas for example, you can have a banana/strawberry mix.
You can also experiment with kiwis, spinach, orange, grapes, peach etc.
Just mix and match, and see what comes out of it!
🧘🏻♀️ Fitness and the P-word🧘🏻♀️
Here is just a glimpse at the list of nutrients you get in this mix:
Protein, Calcium, Vitamin E, Potassium, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Protein, Fiber, Iron, Vitamin B6
Flax seeds are part of my morning ritual. I have at least a tablespoon every morning.
Fiber, Magnesium, Calcium.
Iron, Omega-3, Calcium
Vitamin C, K, and antioxidants
Vitamin C, Fiber, Potassium, anti-inflammatory benefits
Loaded with antioxidants, Cinnamon plays a big role in my diet. It has shown to prevent diabetes and cancer. It is also known to treat virus infections, and is sometimes used to treat infertility.
Cinnamon, Turmeric, Cumin, Paprika, and Garlic: I have one or two of these every single day.
🐄🐔No animal was hurt preparing this dish, stay safe, stay home, and let’s survive this one recipe at a time!