Nothing says sweater weather better than orangey colors! Soups take over the menu as we prep to get into the chilly winter season.
This may not be pumpkin soup (not there yet), but it is very creamy, hearty, with a harmonious combination of sugar and spice.
It’s a fairly easy recipe, especially that I use canned baby carrots! All you need is chopping skills and you’re good to go.
Let me know if you try it, tweak it, hate it or love it!
Ingredients (3 servings) 🛒
- 195g canned baby carrots
- 3 medium-sized white potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 3 big garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp grounded allspice
- A pinch of: cumin and nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps. olive/vegetable oil
- 3 cups of water
- Oregano and olive oil (optional garnish)
👩🍳Preparation (30 min)👩🍳
- Chop the garlic and add to a pot with 2 tbsps. of oil. Heat on high until it starts simmering, then lower to medium heat for around 2min.
- In the meantime, cut onion into half-moons add to pot and fry on medium heat for 5-6min. until softened. Stir throughout.
- Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes into cubes.
- Once the onion and garlic soften, add allspice and cinnamon, mix well. Add potato cubes, mix a little bit.
- Add 3 cups of boiling water, bring to high heat.
- Add vegetable stock, mix well.
- Once water starts to boil, cover to simmer. Let simmer on low heat for 15 min.
- Open the pot and check if the potato softened, if they did, add carrots, bring back to a boil and let simmer on low heat for another 5 min.
- Uncover the pot, make sure carrots and potatoes are well cooked. Turn heat off, and with a hand blender blend the mixture really well.
- If not creamy enough, leave on low heat halfway through blending until enough water evaporates.
- Add nutmeg, cumin, and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Serve warm, you can sprinkle some oregano on top.
- Option to add a line of olive (or even truffle!) oil.
I really hope you have fun preparing this one. Please do not hesitate to DM me on IG or email me if you have any questions of trouble in the process !!