Don’t get mad… you won’t get any quantities for Fattoush, only ingredients!
While it can be quite frustrating for non-nationals to figure out the right ratios, this is exactly what you need to do with fattoush.
It is supposed to be a spontaneous garden salad – and when I mean garden, I mean a medley of greens you’d find on Lebanese soil !!
You’ll find here are the main ingredients we use; romaine lettuce is the main base. Some people add boiled potato pieces as well.
Make sure your toast your flat bread; you could alternatively fry it.
- Romaine lettuce (base + mix of following greens)
- Mint leaves
- Green onion
- Radish slices
- Toasted/Fried flat bread slices
- Fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- Green bell pepper (optional)
- Boiled potato pieces (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- Lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Sweet pepper
- Pomegranate molasses
👩🏽🍳Preparation👩🏽🍳: Mix it all together !
For 1.5 to 2 tbsps of Lemon juice, add:
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tsp sumac
- A pinch of sweet pepper
- Salt to taste (around 1/2 tsp)
I really hope you have fun preparing this one. Please do not hesitate to DM me on IG or email me if you have any questions of trouble in the process !!