I long hesitated to make this one. The thing with Hummus is that in my experience, quantities and ratios vary according to the kind and size of available chickpeas the tahini brand- So just work with what you have, and trust your gut.
Did you know that some people add ‘Laban’ (similar to yoghurt) to smoothen Hummus? So make sure you always check it’s vegan when eating out.
Unlike most of my recipes, you will need a blender to make smooth Hummus like in the picture – However, in preparing this recipe, I didn’t use one, just to see how it would turn out without a blender: it tastes heavenly, but expect lots of crumbles.
So do try this and trust your gut too; if it looks like it could use more or less of something, go for it!
Ingredients: 🛒(around 2 servings)
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsps of the water from the chickpeas’ can
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 5 to 6 tbsps of lemon juice (75ml to 90ml)
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp garlic powder – depends on your taste!
- Salt to taste
- If you have a blender, just add all ingredients and blend!
- If you don’t, start by mashing the chickpeas really well with a potato masher – adding their water can help
- Add can water if you haven’t already, tahini and lemon juice, mix well
- Add garlic powder and salt last
- Taste it; if it’s too acidic, add some tahini 1/2 tbsp at a time, if it’s not acidic enough, add lemon juice 1/4 tbsp at a time, add salt to taste
Drizzle with some olive oil – option to add pomegranate seeds, parsley, walnuts or mint on top!
I really hope you have fun preparing this one. Please do not hesitate to DM me on IG or email me if you have any questions of trouble in the process !!